Monday, June 14, 2010

This is what Happened 6/8/2010

Aleisha and I decided that it was a good idea to leave our apartment and go search for some fellow USAC students. This simple decision would have been quite the norm if not for the following:
• Neither of us have keys to our apartment
• The door automatically locks once closed
• Neither of us have cell phones
• Neither of us have internet
• We knew that everyone else was going out to dinner
• We secretly had a feeling that noone would be home
So we were locked out of NGV, completely abandoned and homeless. I am wearing black tights and a USAC t-shirt that doesn't quite cover my ass. My hair is in pigtails and I’m carrying around my laptop. Not an ideal situation.

After walked around the streets of Kormangala for a bit we decided to hang out in Kiwi Kiss/Booster Juice…the Indian idea of a Jamba Juice.

Being stranded has given me some time to catch up on my blogging, so good news you get to hear about some observations I have made about India.

If I had more than $10000 to my name, I would be investing in Indian businesses in a heart beat. India is on the verge of booming - if not already there. Its rate of development is startling, its middle class finally making a name for itself. Take for instance the frozen yogurt and juice bar I’m sitting in. It’s impeccably clean, a cup of frozen yogurt cost me 67 ruppees (about $1.50), and the service is on point, this place would be booming back home. And as soon as the middle class begins to make a dent in the Indian economy places like this will constantly be in demand.
Obviously the population is the first factor that ensures economic success, Bangalore alone has 6.5 million people and it’s not even the largest city in Indian. The market is so vast that even if you get 20% of the population in Bangalore you’re still getting over 10 million consumers. It’s almost impossible to fail here, that is why investing in any business would most likely prove lucrative. Me…I’d probably choose some type of F&B chain, though I adamantly oppose this in the states.
In India though, everything is different. Regardless of expansion and constant changes in supply and demand, everyone still makes everything fresh at probably 95% of its restaurants.

The thing I love about Indians is that they are stubborn, they like their food a certain way and if it’s not that way then they simply won’t buy it. The market has no choice but to conform to THEIR need, rather than the population conforming to the markets.

That's all I got right now sorry!

1 comment: